This program is coming soon. Fill out a Get Started form to be the first to know when this program begins accepting participants.
Energy efficient data server rooms are paving the way for our digital and sustainable future. The Dominion Energy Data Server Room Energy Efficiency Program begins with an optional audit of your data sever rooms to identify ways to save energy. You’ll receive incentive dollars for installing recommended efficiency measures: helping you meet sustainability targets and improve your bottom line.
The Data Server Room Energy Efficiency program is designed to increase savings for data server rooms at dedicated data center buildings, offices, hospitals and healthcare buildings, private universities, manufacturing facilities, large industrial facilities, colocation data centers, cloud-based data centers, modular data centers, and more. The program offers rebate incentives to eligible Dominion Energy customers for installing High Efficiency Computer Room Air Conditioner (“CRAC”) or Computer Room Air Handler (“CRAH”) units, High Efficiency Power Supply, Space Temperature Setpoint Adjustment, Lighting Occupancy Sensor, and more.
On average, data centers use 10-50 times more energy than average commercial office buildings, leading to an increased need for Data Center Infrastructure Management (“DCIM”) and other energy efficiency services. Through this program, you’ll have access to our knowledgeable network of equipment vendors and contractors associated with data center server rooms. Our program staff will help you save energy and maximize efficiency.
Download the measures chart for equipment-specific incentive information and eligibility criteria.
- High Efficiency CRAC or CRAH units
- CRAC or CRAH fan Electronically Commutated Motors (“ECMs”) or Variable Frequency Drive (“VFD”) controls
- High Efficiency Power Supply
- Space Temperature Setpoint Adjustment
- Lighting Occupancy Sensor
- LED Tube Lighting Retrofit
- Custom HVAC measure available for projects with peak demand savings – talk to program coordinator for details and requirements
View the Rebate Measures Chart.
Benefits of Participation
The energy efficiency improvements offer many benefits, including:
- Upgraded equipment reduces energy use, increases reliability, and helps you save on your energy expenses
- More efficient use of your data server equipment, and HVAC system
- Financial incentives that help to offset the cost for installing recommended measures
How To Participate
- Fill out the Eligibility Form to confirm program eligibility and indicate if you would like to request optional audit assistance. You can request an audit performed by program staff or request audit cost reimbursement incentive funds for an audit conducted by a registered contractor of your choice.
- Submit an Initial Assessment form and data submittal form to receive an incentive estimate for your project.
- After your project is complete, submit a Rebate Application, invoices, and final project data for your final savings calculation and incentive.
Contact Us to learn more.