Important Notice: The Home Energy Assessment (Quick Check Up) program for Virginia merged with the Home Retrofit program on January 1, 2024. Now, you may schedule a 30-60 minute in-home energy assessment through the expanded Home Retrofit Bundle program. Please also note that the Home Energy Assessment Program for North Carolina ended on December 31, 2023.
Dominion Energy’s Home Retrofit Program can help you identify ways to save energy and money, all while improving the comfort of your home. To get started, select a participating contractor and schedule your comprehensive, diagnostic whole home energy audit. You will receive recommendations and a report detailing energy-saving improvements you can make to your home. Plus, you will qualify to receive rebates to help you save on any recommended improvements you choose to make. During the 2-4 hour audit the contractor may also install simple measures like LED bulbs, water heater pipe insulation, showerheads and aerators.
Recommended home improvements eligible for rebates could include:
- Air sealing
- Smart Home Energy Management System
- Tune-up on heat pump or central AC
- Heat pump or mini split upgrade
- Smart thermostat installation
- High-efficiency fan motors
- HVAC ductless unit upgrades
- Duct Sealing
- Duct insulation on heat pump system or central AC
- Attic, wall, basement wall and crawl space insulation
- Replacement of electric water heater with a heat pump water heater
View the full list of Rebates available.
Benefits of Participation
Is your home hot in the summer and cold in the winter? Are there drafty areas? The Home Retrofit Program can help to increase the comfort of your home and help to identify issues.
When you save energy you also save money. This program will provide you with a personalized report containing ways you can improve the efficiency of your home to save you money. Plus, you will be eligible for rebates to help with the cost of the improvements.
When you participate in this program, you can use pre-qualified contractors who can perform both the audit and recommended improvements.
Participation is Easy
- Search and contact a local, participating contractor.
- Schedule an audit with the participating contractor at a time that is convenient for you.
- Choose which recommended energy-saving improvements you want to make.
- The contractor will work with you to submit the rebate application for work completed at your home, on your behalf.