Receive an in-home energy assessment where a participating contractor examines the home and installs simple measures, while identifying other energy-saving opportunities.
Receive an in-home energy assessment where an energy expert examines the home and installs simple measures, while identifying other energy-saving opportunities.
Find a Contractor
Things to Download
Dominion Energy Virginia’s Home Energy Assessment Program provides customers with an in-home energy assessment where a qualified participating contractor will conduct a walk-through assessment and install simple measures like LED bulbs and water heater pipe insulation, while identifying other energy-saving opportunities in the home. These additional opportunities, which may require separate appointments with specific contractors, include:
- Heat pump tune-up
- Duct sealing and insulation on heat pump systems and central air conditioners
- Heat pump system upgrades
- Upgrade to heat pump water heater
- ECM fan motor replacements on heat pump systems and central air conditioners
- Cool roof installation
View the Rebate Measures Chart.
Benefits of Participation
With a home energy assessment, you get:
- Access to pre-qualified contractors who can perform both the assessment and recommended improvements
- A personalized report containing cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help you reduce your energy usage
- Potential financial incentives that help to offset cost for installing the recommended improvements
Participation is Easy
- Search and contact a local, participating contractor.
- Schedule an assessment with the participating contractor at a time that is convenient for you.
- The contractor will conduct a 30-60 minute walk-through of your home and install simple measures, while identifying other energy-saving opportunities.
- The contractor will work with you to submit the rebate application for work completed at your home, on your behalf.
You must be a Dominion Energy Virginia residential customer who:
- Lives in a single-family detached residence or a single-family attached residence
- Is responsible for the electric bill
- Is the owner of the home or is able to secure permission to complete the measures
Please review additional requirements through the Program’s Terms and Conditions. By participating in this program, you are signifying your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Home Energy Assessment Program.
Please allow up to 90 days from the date all required information is received to process your rebate. Payment will be issued to the account holder and mailing address on record with Dominion Energy – unless the customer has authorized the rebate to be paid to the contractor.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all requirements for the rebate are met. Failure to provide any of the required information will delay processing of your application and could result in non-payment.
Upon submission of your rebate, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the rebate form confirming the rebate has been submitted for processing. If you have questions, please call 1-888-366-8280.
Find a Contractor
Things to Download
In response to the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA), the Residential Home Energy Assessment (Quick Home Check-up) program will be discontinuing rebates for general service A-Line lamps. None of the following bulbs will be eligible for rebate after June 30, 2023: Aline LED 40W Equivalent, Aline LED 60W Equivalent, Aline LED 75W Equivalent, Aline LED 100W Equivalent, Aline LED 3Way 75/100/150W Equivalent. These correspond to measures 4-8 on the Rebate Measures Chart.
Let Us Help You
Interested in the rebate program or want to learn more? Complete the form below and one of our representatives will be in touch with you.